PowerPAC is seeking a full-time energetic, creative, and driven Community Manager (with a focus on digital/social media work) based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to help expand our community partners’ outreach among Black and brown voters of all age groups. The Community Manager will be responsible for a wide-range of tasks and should be comfortable working in a flexible environment.
Responsibilities of the Community Manager include:
- Keep up with relevant news stories to understand the pressing issues facing Black and
- brown families in Milwaukee
- Write press releases and memos
- Create relevant and engaging social media content
- Maintain a social media content calendar, develop and manage deadlines
- Manage social media channels
- Learn and manage email, texting, and social media communications using tech platforms
- Draft reports on community engagement efficiency, social media performance
- Manage databases and listservs
- Identify real-time engagement opportunities
- Attend and canvass in-person events
- Develop relationships with other organizations and groups in the community
The ideal candidate is a strong oral and written communicator, has experience managing social media pages, and is available to be on the ground in Milwaukee attending in-person events such as rallies, press conferences, and more. The Community Manager should be excited to engage with a diverse group of people and pursue new opportunities for the PowerPAC team in Wisconsin. Ideally, the Community Manager will hold a passion for expanding and safeguarding democratic processes (e.g., voting) and a commitment to racial justice.
Qualifications and required skills
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in communications, digital and social media, and/or
- community engagement. (Think outside the box. We are open to learning about you and
- the qualities you bring to the table!)
- Experience in creating graphics and video content, or an aptitude to learn this technology
- (e.g., Canva, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop or comparable programs).
- Experience in managing communications with digital outreach lists either through social media, communications, or relational organizing platforms (e.g., Nationbuilder, Constant Contact, OutVote, etc…)
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume (attached as one combined PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Wisconsin CM Application.”
PowerPAC.org is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. We champion diversity on our team and value the perspective that each individual brings to the table.